Thursday, April 8, 2010

MEET MY PARTNER IN CRIME FOR TPOT-D

I found that when it comes to coming up with ideas and accepting new members to TPOT-D, that I cannot do this alone. I wanted to originally establish a set of 5 women to help me out with things of the sort, but as a group of only 11 members, I found that to be a little over the top. Once TPOT-D has more ladies, I will stretch the two of us into a "cabinet" if you will to help make this little operation move a bit more smoothly. As for right now, I've selected an absolutely fabulous lady to help me out with this. I chose her because of her impeccable writing skills, her knowledge of the business, and because she's a fellow LoTT-D'er with me. So my partner in crime is none other than Jeanette Leonardo.

BLOG: MONSTER LAND
AREA OF EXPERTISE: Monsters of course!

I’m an aspiring Ph.D. student in English with a penchant for monsters and horror films. I wanted to be Anne Baxter as Nefertiri in the Ten Commandments when I grew up, but when that didn’t work out I turned to studying literature. I teach composition to college freshmen to feed my growing addiction for monsters, and in my spare time I watch horror movies, blog, lurk and write seminar papers.
Area of Expertise: Horror criticism is my bag and I use critical theory (Freud, Lacan, Kristeva, Creed, Clover) to deconstruct and analyze horror texts. My blog is dedicated to my love of monsters and horror films. From James Whale's The Bride of Frankenstein to
American Psycho, I live to explore the figure of the monster and his/her/its symbolic place in popular culture

No comments:

Post a Comment